Sunday, November 12, 2006

Janesville Cyclocross Race



Well i got to the race a little early on Saturday and the course looked pretty good. A little snow and mud but nothing that looked bad. It was also cold but I thought i have raced in colder weather. WEll i soon found out that was not the case. For some reason my chest just cramped up like crazy and the first two laps were hell. I was in really good position on the first lap but lost that fast when i felt like i was going to fall over because i coudn't breathe. Then it came down to me not even having any fun what so ever. I almost dropped out one lap and then i came through the finish and they said i had one to go so i just finished the race.

When the subject of the mub comes up it is any interesting one. This compared to Cam-Rock, Cam-Rock was dry. Everyone was covered in mud, wet, cold, worm poop, mud. I have never been so full of mud before in my life. My bike didn't look very good and i didn't look any better. The race course was right on a lake and alot of us just jumped in the lake to wash off and get some of the mub off of us. The water was not very warm but it beats putting all this muddy shit in your car.

I think they have a really nice course there, just with out the mud. I would have liked to race earlier so the ground didn't melt as much, or we should have gotten more snow. With my chest how it felt yesterday i don't know if i will be racing next weekend. We will see.

No comments: